Define RAM(Random Access Memory)
- A storage device structured so that the time required to retrieved data is not significantly affected by the physical location of the data.
- The primary storage section of a personal computer. The portion's of the computer printer memory used as a buffer and for storing user defined characters.
- All data stored in RAM is lost when the printer is turned off.
- Accessing of information directly from a disk or memory as opposite to sequential or serial access.
- For example from random access memory information can be access instantly from any portion.
Tags: RAM, Random Access Memory, Mega Byte, Giga Byte, Tera Byte, DVD, Computer parts